Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 120: New Shoes + Swim + 4.0

Yesterday after therapy, I struck out on an adventure to find new tennis shoes.  I have been wearing the exact same Brooks Addiction 10 Motion Control tennis shoes since the day of my first surgery.  My options are extremely limited in the motion control category, but I discovered a new running shoe store in my area that had a pair of PINK New Balance 860v3.

I wore them all day today and I like them much better than my Brooks.  They still are really stiff and hard (that is the motion control part), but they are much lighter and look much more like normal tennis shoes.  They are 1 step below the maximum motion control model.


SWIM:

At the running store, they also had tri stuff.  I got a pull buoy to use for my pool workouts.  I alternated 100 m with and without the buoy to give my feet rest from kicking.  I easily made it through my first 1,000 m workout since the surgery.  The buoy will allow me to increase my distance while not over stressing my feet.

-------------------------------

SIDE NOTE- Somehow I managed to get a 4.0 in my final semester of grad school.  Not sure how I pulled if off with this surgery, but miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment