Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 112: 16 weeks + Calm before the storm

*16 week surgery anniversary*

Life is getting much easier without being required to go to school as often.  I have developed a nice icing, elevating, and drug routine.

Wake up- Ice/elevate/ibuprofen

*work on dissertation*

Afternoon- Ice/elevate/ibuprofen

*work on dissertation*

Night- PT exercises/Ice/elevate/Tylenol 3


I have had the lowest pain level that I can remember over the past year.  I finally have myself on a reasonable drug and rest schedule.  Of course this is going to get complicated because my family arrives tonight for my graduation festivities to begin!

----------------------

I also went to the pool today.  I got in a hard 800 m swim.  I can do much faster intervals now, which is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment