Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 107: PT Session #20

My therapist went on vacation this week, so I was with the same one I had last Thursday.  It wasn't quite as lonely this time, since I knew him a little better.  He massages and manually works with my foot much deeper than my regular therapist.  The most interesting part for me is seeing the different techniques between the different therapists.

I asked him if they specialize in rehabbing particular areas/injuries.  Much to my surprise, he said no.  I suppose it is good to continually work with different types of patients to stay well rounded in your skill set, but at the same time you can't be great at everything.  It seems to me that specialization would be the key to becoming an expert at rehabbing an area.  But, hey, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment