Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 79 (219): PT Session #15

My feet are still sore from teaching and school this week, but I am battling right through it.

PT is still moving in the right direction.

PT SESSION #15

5 mins elliptical

Bungee-cord walking, 10 x 4 directions

Leg press heel raises 3 x 15 (lighter weight than last session)

Single leg press 3 x 10

Step-ups with the foam pad 3 x 10

After, my therapist wanted me to try heel raises.  I failed, as usual.  I can just barely get some space between my heels and the ground, but I remain proud that I can put some space there.  That is something I couldn't do before my surgeries.  I was able to do them with my feet angled on the calf-wedge block.

Manual Therapy: Combo e-stim/ultrasound on calf

When my session ended, my therapist told me that his goal for me is to have me be able to do 10 single leg heel raises.  He says this is where I need to be before I can run again and that I will be in therapy until I can do that.  This journey is still oh so long...

----------------------
Reflection

It really hit me today how far I still have to go, but I remain committed and will work towards moving in the right direction everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment