Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 70 (210): 10/30 week update



*Right: 10 week surgery anniversary*

*Left: 30 week surgery anniversary*


Before work, I walked for 25 mins outside.  I know I have a long ways to go, because a homeless guy saw me and said, "Oh, you're hurt."  There is no denying that.  I walk with a bit of a limp on my right side.  The outside of my right foot hurts in the toe off portion of the walking gait and my calf is also really tight.  I have to shorten my stride so not to aggravate these two issues.

When I got back, I did some step-ups, balancing exercises, and band work.

Then I went to work.  I again went without the ankle brace, just tennis shoes.

When I got home, I rode my road bike (on the trainer) for 15 mins.  I have to get re-aclimated to riding inside before I take it out on the road again.  I also did my whole at-home PT program and also a push-up and ab circuit.

I have been really committed to working on my feet and my overall fitness because next week I start teaching full time.  For teaching, I will have to be on my feet for long periods of time, be able to walk around the building I work in, and also be able to go for longer periods of time without elevating my feet.  I can't say it enough how fortunate I am that I already know how to rehab from this surgery.  When I feel my foot is ready, I progress my at-home program as my former therapist would have in my PT sessions.

--------------------------
Reflection

I can feel my feet getting stronger.  I love my job.  I think I am going to be alright.




No comments:

Post a Comment