Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 69 (209): PT Session #12 + First Full Day at Work

My feet were a little sore from traveling this weekend.  PT was pretty much the same as Friday.  It isn't really challenging me right now.  The biggest benefit at this point is the work he has been doing on my calf.

When I got home from PT, I went directly from my car, straight for a 25 min walk.  When I returned, I went to my building's gym to lift weights and do some leg strengthening exercises.  After, I went to my apartment and finished up my remaining at-home PT program.   I am really having to put in a lot of time on my own to continue my progress.  Good thing I built up my home PT equipment collection during my first surgery (Must haves: Therabands, bosu, dyna disk, foam roller, stretching strap, ball for throwing against the wall while you are balancing on one foot, I use a volleyball).  Most of my apartment is still barely organized but my therapy space was one of the first things I set up.

When I finished, I went to work.  I went in just tennis shoes without my brace for the first time.  It was a great first day getting into the full swing of things.

----------------------------
Reflection

I must keep going.  I must keep fighting for my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment