Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, August 3, 2013

200 DAYS!!!

Today is Day 60 (right) and Day 200 (left)!!!

200 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see...what has changed since day 100?

My left foot is feeling more and more normal day by day.  It barely swells with exertion anymore.  It does ache at some of the incision points and at the tendon transfer, but I wouldn't call it painful, not compared to the real pain I have experienced this year.  At day 100, I was unsure of my right foot's fate.  Now we know, that I had to go through another reconstructive surgery.  The good news is that my right foot at day 60, is basically where my left foot was at day 100 (walking in my tennis shoes without a brace).  My recovery is going exceedingly well at this moment.

Here are some picture updates:

LEFT (Just over 7 months)







RIGHT (Just over 2 months)





-------------------
Reflection

I have come a long way and I have the scars to prove it.  I just have to keep fighting.  I still have a lot of work to do, but the end is much nearer than it was on Day 1.





No comments:

Post a Comment