Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 7 (147): One Week!!!

*Right: 1 week surgery anniversary*

*Left: 21 week surgery anniversary*

Made it one week!

I messed up and missed my overnight dose...again!  This time, I was supposed to take it at 1 am, but that didn't happen.  I was trying to stay up until then, but I fell asleep.  I set my alarm to go off at 1 am, but I must have turned it off and rolled back over without taking a dose.  I know that I didn't take it because I have my pills in a weekly pill organizer with 4 dose boxes per day, and the pills were still there.  Of course the night sweating and pain upon waking at 6 am also confirmed it for me.

I started another day off on the wrong foot.  I was so groggy and despite trying to get on my work a few times, I felt nauseous with just reading, like when you try to read in the car.  Each time, I had to lay still to reset my equilibrium.  Around 1:30 pm, I asked my mom if we could eat our lunch outside.

She packed up sandwiches for us and we had a little picnic at the pool deck of my building.  I really needed to feel the sun on my skin to get some energy back.  We sat outside for a little over an hour.  I elevated my foot on the patio furniture.

When we got back, I took a wash up from my bath chair to get the sunscreen and germs from being outside off of me.  Then, I found a way to focus on finishing my dissertation edits.  It took me until just before midnight, but I finished!!!  I had to skip my night dose of medicine so that I could have enough clarity to finish.  My foot was really throbbing by then, but I was too determined to let it stop me. I took my drugs and put ice on it immediately before going to sleep.

-------------------------
Reflection

Even though it wasn't without struggle, this week went by pretty quick.  I am really hoping that time continues to speed by, because I am ready to be back on my feet.  5 more weeks of non weight bearing :(




No comments:

Post a Comment