Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 5 (145): Drug Effects

Taking 2 Percocet every 6 hours is what keeps my pain under control.  It is also what causes me to be drowsy and lethargic.  On top of that, the blood thinning medication really multiplies that effect.  This is not conducive to me working on my dissertation edits.  Today, I decided to take only 1 during the 2 dosing periods during the day.  I was able to get started working on my edits, but my pain level was high, and really distracting me from my work.

I have 2 options: (1) be too drowsy to work, but have little pain or (2) be of a clearer mind, but be in too much pain to work.  

I have a really tight timeline to get my dissertation ready for defense this summer.  I really can't afford to just focus on my recovery and work on my dissertation later, which sucks.  My goal is to just make progress every day.

--------------------------
Reflection

My life continues to be a struggle...but I won't give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment