Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 4 (144): Movie Adventure

I spent most of the morning sleeping.  The combination of drugs I am on really makes me drowsy. Around 3 pm, I ate lunch, and my mom and I had the crazy idea to go to the movies.

I haven't been to the movies since before my first surgery, because sitting in a chair for 2+ hrs without elevating is a stretch for a post-surgery foot.  When I got my wheelchair for this surgery, I made sure to get longer leg elevator pieces for it.  My legs are really long, so I wasn't able to use the stock leg elevators that my first wheelchair came with.

My mom and I picked a movie and we were off.  At the theater, I sat in my wheelchair with my leg elevated, so it was beyond tolerable.  I was so happy to get out on Day 4.  I didn't leave my apartment until Day 7 with the first surgery, and that was just a really short trip to the grocery store.  When we left the movie, we went to the grocery store, which meant the sad return to driving the motorized cart around the store.  This time around, I figured out how to prop my leg up on the basket with my crutch.

------------------------
Reflection

Today, I did something that I haven't been able to do in over 6 months.  Yes, it was just the sedentary activity of going to the movies, but my life isn't only limited by not being able to walk, but also by needing to keep my feet elevated for most hours of the day.   My life is different now, completely different, but I am slowly figuring out ways to still live despite my circumstances.


No comments:

Post a Comment