Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 11 (151): Change of Command

This morning, my mom left me to return home.  She took off 3 weeks with my first surgery and 2 weeks with this surgery to take care of me.  Last night, my dad arrived.  He will be with me for this next week.

I really bonded with my mom recovering from the first surgery, since it was so traumatic.  It was gut-wrenching for her to watch me in so much pain and for me to watch her try to hide how helpless she felt not being able to take her child's pain away.  I can't imagine having to watch your child go through this one time, let alone twice!

This time, we quite enjoyed our time together.  It was fairly relaxing for both of us, with me being able to do much more for myself, immediately after surgery and in the absence of excruciating pain.

I was sad to see her go, but grateful to have my dad here to help me out for another week.

I didn't feel well for most of the rest of the day.  I was really lethargic and restless with this forced sedentarianism.

No comments:

Post a Comment