Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 45 (185): PT Session #5

Another day at the PT clinic.  Since my therapist is still out of town, I worked with one of the therapists that I worked with during my first surgery recovery.  This was good because he already knows my story in detail and what it was like to work with my other foot.  He was as impressed as everyone is with how fast my right foot is recovering.  Since I didn't have too much soreness or discomfort with doing weighted exercises on Wednesday, we did a round of exercises more similar to a FWB routine.

We started with massage and ROM as usual, and then...

15 mins Pike's Peak bike program
4 x 10 Front and Lateral step-ups on the lowest step, and then the same exercises one level up
4 x 10 Leg extension
4 x 10 Leg Press
4 x 10 Leg curl
4 x 10 wall squats with exercise ball
10 more mins on the bike

When I finished, I was completely exhausted.  It was a clear slap in the face of how out of shape I am and how much more work I have to do before I can get to a reasonable fitness level.  To make matters worse, there were no tables available for me to ice on.  It was really busy at the clinic.  My therapist told me that I could ride the bike for a few more minutes while I was waiting, and I said, "No Way!"  I was so tired.  I barely made it through 10 mins on the bike after that workout.  Luckily, moments later, someone got up and I was able to use their table.  After icing and almost 2.5 hrs at the clinic, I was on a wing and a prayer to make it home without passing out.  As soon as I got home, I showered and got right back into my bed.  I am so useless these days.

-------------------
Reflection

If I keep up with my therapy exercises, I will get better and I won't feel so terrible doing such basic things.  Luckily, there is almost no pain with any of my exercises, I am just simply out of shape.  All weekend I must do my at home exercises twice per day.




No comments:

Post a Comment