Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Surgery Procedure Details and Soft Cast Photo

My surgeon reported that the surgery went really well and that he had to do every single one of of the proposed procedures.

My Surgery Procedures

Left hindfoot posterior tibial tendon debridement and tenolysis (cut out the bad portion of the tendon and clean up the remaining tendon)



Flexor digitorum longus tendon transfer (transfer the tendon that flexes the little toes to the posterior tibial tendon site)




Medial displacing calcaneal osteotomy (saw off my heel bone and reattach it to the correct position with a titanium screw through my heel)



Lateral column calcaneal lengthening with allograft wedge bone grafting (add an extra bone to assist with rebuilding a normal arch)




Gastrocnemius recession (lengthen my calf and achilles tendon)

Autogenous platelet rich plasma treatment (harvest some of my blood, spin it down to concentrate the platelets, and inject it into my newly transferred tendon to promote tissue regeneration and faster recovery)

My post-surgery soft cast



I have been lugging this heavy surgical dressing around since the surgery.  I do not get to switch it out for a hard cast until Monday, January 28th at my first post-op appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment