Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Post-op: Day 11- Marathon Expo

Today, I went to the race expo for a full marathon that I signed up for almost a year ago.  Of course the trip was bittersweet, knowing that had I not been injured and needed surgery, I would be running 26.2 miles tomorrow.

I went to pick up my race number, check out the booths, and meet excited runners.

Luckily, I was able to rent an electric scooter at the convention center for $15.  It was worth EVERY penny, because I would have never been able to crutch around that place.

Even though I can't run the race tomorrow, I did have a blast at the expo.

Being welcomed by the running/triathlon community, even with my injury, motivates me to take my rehab seriously so that I can rejoin them on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment