Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

About Me

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to my blog.  I have scoured the internet for all the information I could find about PTTD when researching my injury, and it helped me greatly.  To give back, I started this blog to provide information to any current or future PTTD sufferers, especially for those that are active and want to return to activity after surgery.

When I started this blog (2013), I was a 25 year old female marathon runner and triathlete finishing up a PhD in Exercise Physiology.  Now, you can officially call me doctor and I'm a college professor, a swimmer, cyclist, triathlete, and occasional 5ker.

My story begins in April of 2012 when I hurt my ankle after running 2 half marathons and a full marathon in a 4 month span.  Crazy...I know!  For those of you that are also runners, you can understand how addictive racing can be.

I spent 8 months of my life between numerous doctors, crutches, two different boots, X-rays, MRIs, medications, and custom orthotics.  None of the non-surgical treatments worked for me, so here I am starting this blog with Stage 2 PTTD with a flat-foot deformity, 6 days away from full reconstructive surgery of my left ankle.

In my next post, I will explain exactly what PTTD is, and what procedures I am having done to correct my ankle.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment