Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Friday, January 25, 2013

Post-op: Days 8-10

My pain level has hovered around 6/7 out of 10 for the last few days.  That is of course only when my foot is elevated.  It screams in pain any time that it is down.

It is interesting to note that I have a lot more sensation in my surgery foot, so I can feel the incisions and selective pain from the areas that were operated on.

I have also learned that getting around on crutches is near impossible while keeping one foot (that has a really heavy soft cast on it) off of the ground.  Both hands are occupied, so you can't carry anything.  Balancing is challenging, and the whole ordeal is absolutely exhausting.

I am in the process of getting a wheelchair because there is no way I will make it through the next few months of non-weight bearing without some wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment