Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 39: This sucks!

I am a few days away from being 6-weeks post-op.  For the last 4-weeks, I have been anxiously awaiting the end of my prison sentence of non-weight bearing in a fiberglass cast.  Thankfully, I have less than 2 days left to go!  For the most part, I have been able to return to my daily activities, however; I still can't go longer than 2-3 hrs without needing to elevate my leg.  Attempting to put in 6-8 hr days at school nearly kill me.

This week was especially challenging because I finally swallowed the bitter pill of me being a disabled person (albeit temporary) in an abled bodied world.  Every day, I wake up to a world full of obstacles that I am not used to facing. It has been quite the challenge to try to remain positive and optimistic.

There are so many things I miss about my old life and so many things that I am worried about the possibility of not being able to do in my future life.  You all know how the saying goes, "you don't appreciate what you have until it is gone."  Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment