Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, February 25, 2013

First Shower

When I got home from my appointment, I couldn't wait to get in the shower and wash my leg for the first time in 6 weeks.  The entire time that I had my casts, I bathed sitting on a bath chair in my tub.  I was so ready to get back to showering.

I took off my boot and then realized that taking a shower was going to be harder than I thought.  First, I had to move my 3 in 1 toilet/toilet extender/shower chair from the toilet to the shower.  Then, I transferred all of my showering supplies from my tub to my shower.  Next, I realized that my shower has close to a foot ledge that I would have to figure out how to get over in order to get in.  I kneeled on a chair sitting in the bathroom and transferred myself directly to the shower chair.

I turned on the water and there it was...my first shower!

I had to carefully scrub my newly exposed leg to get some of the dead skin off.  I also had the arduous task of removing the steri-strips from my incisions, which after 4 weeks, had hardened into my skin and scabs.

When I got out, I put loads of lotion on my surgery leg, and put a sock on to protect it.

Scars after first shower (Excuse the hair on my legs that has been growing for 6 weeks!):





No comments:

Post a Comment