Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 42: 6 weeks + First day at school with my boot

*6 week surgery anniversary*

On the 6-week anniversary of my surgery, I was off to school for the first time armed with my boot and walker.

The first thing on my schedule was a meeting at 9 am, that I ended up being late for, despite waking up at 6:30 am.  It took me 2 hours to shower, put my clothes on, and gather my stuff for school.  I have to be so careful with my incisions that it takes me exponentially longer to get ready.  The only positive is that now that I have the boot, I can wear many more of my bottoms since I can put them on before I put the boot on.

Next, I had to go to my lab.  My class had a midterm that was online that day, so I didn't have to teach.  I just had to be available in case they had any questions.  This was a big relief because it allowed me to rest my leg, which tires pretty easily now that I am partial weight bearing with almost no muscle mass on that leg.

I had another meeting and then I was on my way home.  My ankle was absolutely throbbing because I had been at school for 7 hrs, much too long for my new foot.

I spent the rest of the evening icing and elevating.  My foot hurt so much that I had to take a hefty dose of acetaminophen.

No comments:

Post a Comment