Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, February 25, 2013

Walker Adventure

Just before I got in the shower, I got a call from my medical supply company that I could come pick up my rollator walker.  I submitted the prescription last week, but they were of all things "out of stock."  How could the medical supply company be out of walkers????

I was excited that I could come pick it up because after 6 weeks of relying on my crutches primarily and also a wheelchair, the walker would give me a little more independence.

My medial supply company changed their policy just 4 weeks after my initial dealings with them that they no longer deliver or pick up medical equipment! I was shocked to hear this on the phone, as they had delivered my wheelchair just a month prior.  I was told that their closest local branch was greater then 20 miles away.  Where I live, this translated to a 1 hr and 45 minute adventure west.

When I finally got there, at least they had the walker, and even waited a few minutes after they closed at 5 pm to allow me to pick it up.  I got totally lost on the way trying to find them. Since it was so difficult for me to get out there, I also begrudgingly turned in my wheelchair.  I knew that I didn't want to have to make another trip there.

My walker has 4 wheels, a seat, and a hidden storage area.  This walker has been a LIFESAVER.  It is so much easier for me to get around than the crutches and I can actually carry my stuff with me (hidden in the compartment and on the seat).

All in all, this was such a busy day for me, cast off, first shower, and a trip to the other side of the world to pick up my walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment