Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Race Report- Sprint Triathlon #4

First tri of the 2015 season!!!

Sprint Triathlon #4

Date: May 16th, 2015
Event: Sprint Triathlon (300m pool swim, 12.4 mile bike, 5k run)
Time: 1:45:10
(Swim: 6:30, T1: 2:23, Bike: 53:30, T2: 1:14Run: 41:34)
Age Group Place (25-29): 9/11 (still not last!!!)

------------------------------------------
The Swim- 300m Pool Swim (6:30)

Average Pace: 2:10 per 100m


Really proud of my improvements in the pool.  I've been doing more sprinting in my pool racing, but I have also improved my endurance.  I cut 1 minute and 29 seconds off of last year's swim time!

The Bike- 12.4 miles (53:30)

Average Speed: 13.9 mph

I'm a lot smoother and more skilled on my bike, but my calves still hold me back quite a bit. The race course was hilly and cramps in my calves struck me.  

The Run-5k (41:34)

Average Pace: 13:23 min/mile, Average Speed: 4.5 mph


My 5k time for a tri keeps hovering around the 41 minute mark.  I strategically go much harder on the swim and the bike, and then just see how I feel on the run.  By the time I got to the run, I realized that I haven't done enough training to push it on all 3 legs yet, but of course, this is just the first race of many this year.


------------------------------------

Reflection

I didn't feel great over this race, but I was proud to be out there.  I really enjoy racing and am just happy to be able to compete again.  I have some work to do to prepare for my "A" race of the season, which is a half iron distance aquabike in October.  Good starting point, but I am ready to finish wrapping up the academic year at my job, take a break from training, and head on my backpacking adventure!





No comments:

Post a Comment