Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Race Report- State Masters Swim Meet

First Masters Swim Meet

I've been training really hard since my first meet back in January.  I am now swimming at least 3 days a week balanced with my tri training (cycling, running, and strength sessions).  I really am feeling stronger each week.  For this meet, I entered the 50 breast, 50 free, and 100 IM.  For these events, I only had a few weeks to become proficient in all 4 strokes!!!  Breaststroke has been the hardest for me to learn and butterfly is the hardest to do (for everyone, so I'm not alone on that).  Really jumping right into the deep end with my life challenges this year.  #LiveLifeOutLoud

Results

50 breast- DQ (Time- 53.18)  I was too deep off my dive and I took two strokes underwater before surfacing...whoops!

50 free- 37.24 (Time Drop -2.16)  Extremely happy with this time!  Over 2 seconds dropped in less than 2 weeks.  I am most proud of myself for only taking two breaths on the way back, and I nailed the flip turn.

100 IM- 1:54.31  That was really hard, but oh so fun! It is challenging to swim all four strokes in the same race, but I really love how hard you have to think to keep yourself doing the right thing at each wall and during each length.

No comments:

Post a Comment