Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Year 2: July Update

*Left: 19 months*   *Right: 14 months*

What a whirlwind of a month June was.  It was great getting to travel internationally, twice!  The bad part was landing late at night coming back from London and going straight to teaching summer school the next morning.  I've never taught summer school before and I realized that teaching two lectures a day, every day of the week for a solid month is exhausting!  I think it is a great experience for the students because they can focus all their attention on a tough class and don't have enough time to forget things between exams.  Really rough from the faculty side because what you normally teach in 4 months, you have to cram into a month.

Not only did I teach a summer class this month, I also had to get back on my training plan to prepare for my next race- a sprint triathlon with an open water lake swim and trail run (Race Report- Sprint Triathlon #2)- moved from a swanky downtown apartment to a townhome in the suburbs and I got a puppy!!!  Lovely little black and white cocker spaniel named Dr. Pepper. Yes, my dog has a puppy doctorate.  I sacrificed 7 years of my life in the pursuit of higher education and knew I didn't have the time to take care of a dog.  After getting settled into my faculty position this year, I decided it was time to take the plunge and get her.




No comments:

Post a Comment