Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 211 (351): Happy New Year!

New Year, New Me!

This year, I want to focus on moving past my feet issues and the surgeries I went through.  I want to spend less of my energy worrying if I'll ever run again and more living life with the cards I have been dealt.

However, my two resolutions both have three letters and they have everything to do with me running again.

Resolution 1:  R-U-N

Resolution 2: T-R-I

I will hit both of my 1 year milestones and beyond from my surgeries this year.  Full recovery takes over a year, so I think this will be more of a defining year than the last.  I think it will be the year that I get my answer to that burning question I have about running again.

My feet feel great and I think that I am only months away from running, which means I should be able to do a triathlon this summer.  That is my goal, but I will understand if I have to push my return to racing back.  I am not saying that I won't be disappointed and it wont hurt a little, ok a lot, but I can't rush this.  Recovery simply takes time.

--------------------------------------

A note about my blog:

Now that my feet conditions aren't changing as rapidly as they were in the first several months after my surgeries, I don't have as much to document about my journey.  I will go from posting daily/weekly to posting updates as major things happen, but I don't expect to drop below one monthly update post for at least all of 2014.  I know that one of the things that happens with documenting a condition like mine, is that when we get better, we stop posting. I have read those types of comments on other foot problems forums and blogs.  For those that have read my blog with similar conditions, or future readers that may find themselves in my situation, I want them to know what the long term success[...or failure] may be.  So for that reason, I will post on, just less frequently.

--------------------------------------

Happy New Year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment